theBubbleBathBoi

21. Committed. RonyBu. Dramatic. Romantic. Happy. Student. Actor. Poetry. Optimistic. Crazy. Practical. Complicated. Imaginative. Crass. Loving la Vida.

Sunday, July 09, 2006

... it ended tonight


And so I thought I should just post my "Director's Notes" on here...



The process of doing Stages of Love has proved to be a good challenge for me. I am no longer doing a directing lab class, rather it has become a full-time project as BlueREP's first play in its 15th Season. For the first time, I am making the calls and be implementing the things that I have learned in the three years since I discovered my love for theatre in BlueREPERTORY.

Reading the lyrics and hearing the music of Stages of Love for the first time this summer, I knew that the material would be a good showcase to direct for BlueREP. Stages of Love, through its songs and medleys, aims to explore love in its various forms and universality. Originally staged as a corporate show and concert for Rockwell and at the CCP, I felt that we could expand the material and create a revue that people would be able to relate to. It really has been a blessing and an honor that I have been allowed to take on this task. I thank the BlueREP core believing that I can do this, the creative team: Laura and Pom for all your hard work and making this process fun, to Ms. Chari Arespacochaga for seeing the potential that BlueREP has and who has been my favorite teacher in my favorite subject: Musical Theatre. To the alumni and friends, most especially Kyla, Bea, Caisa, Geegee, Jepoy, Gabs, and Cha as people BlueREP can count on.

Of course the show would not have been possible if not for RONY FORTICH. I would like to thank him for allowing his heart and soul to pour out through his music and trusting me with his work. In every page of the script, every line of the songs, I am glad that he saw my vision for the show and help me make it possible.

And to you the audience who are in love, out of love and to those who might discover love in this experience. Enjoy the show!

_

It was definitely a great experience doing Stages of Love. I am so proud of the cast and crew that worked their asses off to put up such a tight show. Thank you to the great people of BlueREP and to the friends, families, and random strangers and Ateneans that came to watch.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home