theBubbleBathBoi

21. Committed. RonyBu. Dramatic. Romantic. Happy. Student. Actor. Poetry. Optimistic. Crazy. Practical. Complicated. Imaginative. Crass. Loving la Vida.

Sunday, August 06, 2006

... too many


so cute this little boy... love him to bits... nice to have a pamangkin so smart and kulet...
it was rony and my 2 years and 7 mos. on the 4th... can't wait for him to get back!
am busy like a busy bee...
life is good
it gets complicated
i deal.
i smile.
im praying for the week to be a smooth ride for me...
senior year... and all these classes... quite the workload...
wish thesis is my only subject... its hard... but im having a lot of fun doing it.
_______________
i had the best day on thursday... thesis adviser pulls me aside and says, "my prophecy ako para sa iyo..."
me: "ma'am?"
"andrei, you do know you're going to be big someday right?"
i was like, "what do u mean?"
"you're going to be BIG..."
then i guess i sorta got what she meant... she also says that she sees my potential and what i am becoming and could become... that was really sweet i thought... i really don't know where she is basing it on, we've only had half a semester with her...
"sus, magaling lang akong mambola," i said.
"pero hindi eh... gets mo? i see the creative juices flowing and its ur lightness that will carry u through..."
"lightness?"
ofcourse im paraphrasing but she said something like, "yeah sobrang dali mo mapakasamahan... ur funny, you joke all the time, yet you have this serious side and i see the passion and ur commitment to your art, etc..."
i was like "whoa, thanks."
"pero..."
"pero?"
"yeah, pero i realize na may mga external factors na puedeng mag bago sa ideologies mo, i mean everyone grows up and of course ang mga paniniwala at mga pinaninidigan ng isang tao mag iiba and natural lang yun... pero no matter what happens, stick to your plan"
so true man... i gotta stick to my plan... it's my art that i have to fight for and prove to people the integrity and the hard work in being a theatre artist. i mean this week lang someone asked me what i would do with my theatre arts degree when i graduate...
uhhh use it?
i was kinda insulted by it and i know the person didn't mean anything... but the fact that he asked... and in a tone expecting me to shun the field of study that i've worked hard for.
... stick to the plan... i hope so... i intend to...
sa totoo lang isa lang ang gusto kong mangyari sa akin eh sa business na toh eh. i mean of course money, fame, mga yun andun sa mga pangarap ko...
pero one thing that i want to have is respeto. yan lang ang mas binibigyan ko ng halaga. i just want to be respected in what i do, i'm sure the sense of fullfilment will surpass all that money can offer (echoing geegee's mother)...
... but if ever i slip and do something that i wasn't supposed to do or something not part of my plan... ill just look at it as a vacation and then get right on track and come back full force...
i have a lot of dreams...
i think im too idealistic...
i get too emotional...
i say what i want to say...
what if something goes wrong?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is so... realistic?! 5 years in the working world, I feel that every bit of idealism I had back in college has been sucked out of me. I don't mean to be so pessimistic, the truth is honey, it takes more than absolute talent, pure committment and unwavering passion for your craft to make it in the real world. I'm saying this not to dampen anybody's spirit.. just to give you a heads up... kisses... SW

12:12 AM  
Blogger Floating in my Bubble. said...

hmmm. don't look too far ahead. just arm yourself with dreams of the future now so that when that time comes, the world will have a harder time making you forget about them. and don't worry, if there are bad things to be scared of, there are good things to hang on to. like friends, like hippos... like me. =P

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home