theBubbleBathBoi

21. Committed. RonyBu. Dramatic. Romantic. Happy. Student. Actor. Poetry. Optimistic. Crazy. Practical. Complicated. Imaginative. Crass. Loving la Vida.

Tuesday, November 16, 2004

... ang cola na may zest!

... actually that was the tag for Zesto Cola, way back when Aga Muhlach was endorsing it. But I'm not really gonna talk about that shietz.

:: transition music ::

You know how a certain object can just sorta have some kind of flashback effect on you? For example when a girl sees a modess napkin pad lying around she might be reminded of her first red flag... (or maybe not, knowing that it happens like every month to them), but get the picture?

I was talking to my brother a couple of weeks ago, while drinking Coke, of what sticks out in his memory whenever he gulps down soda... and he says Bolinao.

Tumpak!


I said the same thing. I don't know, but there's just something about Coca Cola that swifts me back to my childhood days in Bolinao. Bolinao is a small little cape in Pangasinan where I spent a lot of my summer vacations and New year's at. I think everyone is related in that town. But besides that, that was the only place I knew where Coke was the choice of drink with every meal.


Drinking Coke reminds me so much of our beach trips in Bolinao... whether it be Guiguiwanen or Abrac beach, the taste is distinct---a hint of saltiness in the ice and the coolness of the carbonation in one orange plastic glass. *sigh* I haven't gone to Bolinao in a long while, the last time was before I went to the States last year, and even then the only place I visited was the Cemetary. Such fun.

I should try and go there sometime this year. Stay at my greatuncle's more than 60 year old house, visit the farm, tan at the beach, see my tita's who i think will never get married, go up at the bellfry and watch the sunset, and maybe have a Coke.

*sigh* Where's Rony?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home